Monday, December 22, 2008

dEYEagnosis

This is going to be a short post, considering my eyes can't handle staring at a computer (or anything, for that matter) for very long.

My eyes have been hurting all week, although they didn't get bad until Saturday morning just before I was to go to NEVEREVERLAND. I went to the doctor and explained that my eyes were constantly irritated and I had trouble looking at light. I suggested they may be scratched. He didn't seem to care much and prescribed me antibiotics. From there, I went to the NEVEREVERLAND festival, which had already started.

After handing my passport to the security guard at the gate, I was told to remove my sunglasses so that he could compare my face with my photo. Naturally, my eyes were heavy and red from the light. "Have you been drinking today?" He asked. It took me awhile to convince him that I had a condition and was, in fact, sober.

The event lasted from 2 PM (I came around 4) until 10:30 PM. While the individual acts were great, the "festival" itself was a disappointment. Because Modular Records canceled 11 out of the 20 booked acts (particularly Muscles !) and there was only one stage, it felt more like a long concert...

But, back to the subject of my eyes. Having seen no improvement with the antibiotics, I spent my whole day today in a hospital waiting room to get a real diagnoses. It turns out my eyes are not infected at all-- they have multiple cuts as a result of dry eyes and wearing contacts. I have to wear glasses for three weeks, which is a pretty big bummer. I suppose it could be worse, though.

So that's the update, for now.

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

eww cuts on your eyes... ouch. happy holidays!! i'm typing this message to you on my new laptop, which is amazing because being in bed cuddling with my kitty + being on the computer = my two fav things. hope all is well, aside from the gross eye problems. ha and i never got a chance to thank you for the lovely postcard, as soon as i find a fun one (which, in east lansing, are kind of hard to come by), you'll be getting one in return. bye for now leah!