Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cedar Creek, My Job and Plans.

Life has been more than active since Stradbroke. First and foremost, I'm now working Monday through Friday as a Paralegal for a company, ironically called "Law in Order." I finished my second day today. The job mostly involves digitalizing legal materials. Although it will only last the next few months, it feels great to finally feel busy and make a steady income. The hours are from 2pm until 10pm, which gives me time to live life in the morning while there is still sun.


Speaking of doing things in the sun, I went to Cedar Creek earlier this week. We hiked over rocks, trudged through mini rivers and swam under waterfalls. Because it's a place that is off-the-map (yet very close to home!) and not listed in any type of tour guides, we passed very few people.

I'm not sure about America, but most people I know in Australia have seen the movie "Australia." Although my Australian friends warned me of the movie's insufferable corniness, I went to see it simply because I'm in the country and felt I should show my respects. Although there were 234987 places where the movie could have ended before it did, I didn't think it was that bad. If anything, the cinematography (which I believe the Australian tourism board may have helped support) made up for the movie's silliness. I can honestly say it genuinely built upon my desire to road trip to Northern or Western Australia at some point in my time here.

At least that's my plan in the long-run.

In news of short-term plans, I'll be volunteering as a bar cashier at the Woodford Folk Festival December 26th- January 2nd. That way, camping and the festival will be free. It will also grant me my RSA in the process. Apparently, the Nepalese throat singers are out of this world.

No comments: