Sunday, August 17, 2008

I ate a squid...alive.

Camp is over, and now all the English teachers are on the move. I feel like I bonded with the kids a lot more this session-- probably because their English skills are so much higher in 8th grade and it was easier to relate. Already, I've received a few endearing yet nonsensical emails from the kids. It was tense in the end- I had a lot of trouble working with Kyle, the other activities coordinator/head teacher, mostly because he didn't do anything and I always had to tell him what what was going on.

But lets move on to more important things, like the fact that I ate a live squid in Mokpo two nights ago. Please excuse the wobbliness of the video:



After Mokpo we went to Busan. We went to a fish market. There were sea cucumbers, squid and skinned eels that still moved...

In the morning, Sarah, Caroline and I took a taxi to Gukje Market. Despite the pig heads and the cab we got lost in for over an hour, it was worth the trip and I wish we could have stayed longer.



Now we are in Gyeongju, a city I'm not all the impressed with. Granted, I haven't given it much of a chance. Tomorrow we leave for Seoul, although we'll only be there for a night-- we are leaving the English teacher excursion early the morning of the 18th to make our way back to Busan and take a ferry to Fukuoka. Then it's on to Hiroshima...

2 comments:

ai-ball said...

ewwwwwwww live squid. was it good ?

and hey you're finally going to japan! i'd suggest you go to tokyo, but if you're going to fukuoka & hiroshima it might be too far / too expensive. in any rate have fun & i miss you lots :D

Lisa said...

You are my hero Leah! That totally grossed me out!